Glad to be back with another natural skincare review! Yuhooo!
Since I transitioned to an organic skincare routine, I am always looking for good local and international natural skincare brands. As the organic beauty products market steadily grows in Pakistan, it’s quite encouraging to see the local brands making the premium quality product. Though Food for your Face tops my natural skincare brands list but I started using the scrub mask by Spa in a bottle and wanted to review it for you.
I religiously use saint Ives scrub for its fruity smell and great exfoliating outcome, but I happened to use this skin renewing face scrub by Spa in a bottle. Here is what you should know about this face scrub.
About the Brand
Spa in a bottle is a Lahore based brand that creates artisanal natural skincare, hair, and body products. The first thing I noticed was their packaging which is quite professional and resonates with any other premium brand. The brand is operating via Facebook page and ships the products all across Pakistan.
What is the mask for?
- Long lasting face glow
- Anti ageing
How to use it?
The bottle is not very fancy but has the necessary details about the product and how to use it. Initially, I applied the contents like any other dry scrub–exfoliate, and rinse but I realized it’s best to be used as a face mask after exfoliation. So here is how I use it:
- Make a thick paste using rose water, yogurt, honey, milk or plain water. I prefer rose water these days as it’s a perfect skin toner for summers.
- Apply the paste on face and let it dry.
- It takes 15 minutes for the mask to settle and dry after which you can gently rub it off.
- Wash your face and apply a toner or a moisturizer depending on your skin type.
Price and Availability
It’s available on the facebook page of Spa in a Bottle and you get a bottle of 80 grams powder scrubs for PKR 500.
- The ingredient details are not mentioned on the bottle but the scrub smells like oats and neem, so the odor might not be pleasing for some of you.
- I didn’t notice an instant glow, but the skin becomes really soft and clear. I believe the regular use is also keeping my skin away from the acne breakout.
- Powder scrubs allow customization. You can create a stronger scrub by adding less water and can enjoy the benefits of gentler exfoliation by using more water. But for people like me who want instant skincare solutions, even the chore as simple as making a paste appears tedious.
Will I use it again when it runs out?
I prefer ready to make scrubs more than the powdered ones because they are quite handy to use. Spa in a bottle scrub is good as a subtle exfoliating product but I opt for every beauty routine which requires minimum effort-a lazy soul here, thank you, so I will get back to saint Ives most probably!
Have you used any product by Spa in a bottle? Tell me about it in the comments below!
Until next time!
Latest posts by Hina Ilyas (see all)
- How to Take Care of Color Treated Hair - April 25, 2018
- Best Online Places to Get Sunglasses in Pakistan - April 5, 2018
- Week Unwind: New Hair color, Bioderma event, New Pizza place and more - April 2, 2018